Skaters enrolled in CompetitiveSkate learn a variety of life skills as they progress up the competitive ladder. These include goal setting, focus, ability to deal with success/failure, time management and principles of fair play and sportsmanship. In addition to the life skill benefits, skaters in this program receive:
* Access to provincial and national funding programs (as applicable)
* The opportunity to be selected to Skate Canada’s National Team
* The opportunity to compete at Skate Canada Sectionals, Skate Canada Challenge, and/or the Canadian Figure Skating Championships
* Opportunity and potential to be selected to represent Canada internationally
* Access to sport science services
Skaters at this level expected to skate 5 times a week and follow complete off-ice training. At this level, skaters will be competing at least at 3 different competitions.